- The topic is “Chasing Optimism in the Face of Challenges”.
- Participants must be under the age of 18 by October 1, 2016.
- 700-800 word essay around this central idea.
- Send the club's winning essay to the district chairperson by February 28, 2017.
- One district scholarship of $2,500 will be awarded.
- Follow the official rules posted on www.optimist.org
- The district winning essay will be sent to Optimist International by April 15, 2017.
- The winner of the District Essay Contest will read his/her essay at the lunch at the third district conference.
Send the essays to:
3943 E. Paseo Dorado
Tucson, AZ 85711
You must include the following:
1. Copy of the essay
2. Application for 2016 2017 Optimist International Essay Contest
3. Copy of birth certificate or a passport
4. A check made out to Arizona District for $15.00 PLEASE NOTE THERE WAS AN ERROR IN THE AMOUNT ORIGINALLY PRINTED IN OCTOBER.
Please email me when you mail your club's winning essay to me. I will be looking for it in the mail. I will confirm receipt of the essay.
Thanks for your help. If you have questions, please call me at (520) 850-5470 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org